I love baking. If you have followed me in social media for a while, you’ll know that I love baking with my girls.
This Victoria Sponge cake is my ultimate and I’m sharing this favourite recipe!
• 225 g soft butter
• 225 g caster sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 200 g plain flour
• 25 g cornflour
• 2½ tsp baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• 4 large eggs
• 3 Tbsp milk
• 75g- raspberry jam
You will need 2 x 20cm sandwich tins
- Heat the oven to 180°C
- Grease the tins and add parchment paper
- Blitz all the ingredients together (barring the raspberry jam and frosting)
- In another, smaller, bowl mix together the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt.
- Divine mixture into two tins and bake for 25mins
- Let cool and sandwich with raspberry jam and cover with buttercream frosting.
- Decorate with fresh florals